How to Create a Google Analytics Account
This step will show you how to create a Google Analytics account and up the tracking tag on your e-commerce website and upload it through your e-commerce platform. If you already have a working page view and eCommerce Google Analytics setup, you can skip this step.
- Navigate to https://analytics.google.com and click sign up
- You will then be prompted to input the following information
- Account Name – Use the name of your business
- Website Name – Use the name of your website
- Website URL – Use the URL for your website
- Industry Category – Select the category which best describes your business
- Time Zone – Select the time zone in which your business is based
- Data Sharing Settings – You will be prompted to select whether to share certain kinds of data with Google. Select the settings which you are comfortable with
- Once you have input these, click Get Tracking ID
- You will then be prompted to accept the Terms and Conditions for Google Analytics. If you accept, click I Accept
- You will now be on a screen containing your tracking ID and the tracking tag for your Google Analytics account. The way in which you need to implement this on your website will be different based on your CMS:
How to Create a Google Analytics Account Through Your e-Commerce Platform
How to Create a Google Analytics Account in Shopify
- Open your Shopify store Admin.
- From your Shopify admin, click Online Store, and then click Preferences.
- Paste your Google Analytics ID code snippet into the Google Analytics account field:
- Make sure you’ve removed password protection from your online store, otherwise Google Analytics won’t be able to track visitors.
- Your Shopify account is now linked to your google analytics account.
How to Create a Google Analytics Account in Magento 1.x
- Open the your magneto Admin area and navigate to System -> Configuration -> Sales -> Google API and expand the Google Analytics section.
- Pick the Yes option from the Enable drop-down menu. Enter the Google Analytics Tracking Number in the Account number field and click on the Save Config button.
- Your Magento 1.x account is now linked to your google analytics account.
How to Create a Google Analytics Account in Magento 2.x
- Log in to your Magento 2 admin panel and navigate to Stores > Configuration.
- Expand the Sales section and click on Google API. Enable the Google API and paste the Google Analytics Tracking Code in the Account Number text field.
- Click the Save Config button to apply the new changes.
- Your magento 2.x account is now linked to your google analytics account.
(detailed instructions: BigCommerce: Setting Up Google Analytics)
- In the BigCommerce control panel, go to Advanced Settings › Web Analytics.
- Check the box next to Google Analytics, then Save.
- Click the Google Analytics tab that appears at the top of the page.
- Paste the Google Analytics Tracking Code into the Tracking Code field. Replace UA-xxxxxxxx-x and yourdomain.com with your Google Tracking Number and your store’s domain.
- Save your changes. Your BigCommerce account is now linked to your google analytics account.
How to Create a Google Analytics Account in Woocommerrce
- Install and activate the WooCommerce Google Analytics Integration plugin.
- Go to the WordPress Dashboard>WooCommerce> Settings>Integration> Google Analytics
- Configure the following settings:
- enter your UA-ID
- Tick “Enable standard tracking” (this is already added via GADWP plugin in step 2 above)
- Tick “Enable Universal Analytics”
- Tick “Purchase Transactions”
- Tick “Add to Cart Events”
- Tick “Enable Enhanced eCommerce”
- Save the plugin’s settings
If you are NOT using PayPal as a payment gateway in WooCommerce then skip steps 4-6
- Log into Paypal, go to Profile >Profile & Settings > My Selling Tools > Website > Preferences > Update
- On the Website Payment Preferences page, turn on Auto Return and configure your Return URL as follows:
Note: The ?utm_nooverride=1 at the end of the URL ensures that the transactions appear under the correct traffic source rather than as coming from PayPal.
- Click save.
- Your WooCommerce account is now linked to your google analytics account.
Follow the steps to Installing the Google Analytics Addon at Neto’s How do I setup Google Analytics?
How to Create a Google Analytics Account in Open Cart
- In your store’s admin area, navigate to System > Settings > edit the store you wish to add the Google Analytics tracking ID to.
- In the Server tab, scroll to the bottom until you see the Google Analytics Tracking Code field and paste your tracking code into this field.
- Your OpenCart account is now linked to your google analytics account.